F1PTCyVogsRmIhYc5DmWUco5hEc Kristy's Story...My Husband Has Brain Cancer: Kristy's Story...Brain Cancer Radiation Treatments

Friday, September 16, 2011

Kristy's Story...Brain Cancer Radiation Treatments


We met with the oncologist and Michael spent the summer going through 30 treatments of radiation which made him tired and nauseated.  Dr. Walz was his oncologist and he told us that he won't do another MRI until a month or so after the radiation treatments ended. The month passed after radiation and an MRI was scheduled.  After the MRI we went home and the next day Dr. Walz calls and talks to my husband while I was at work. He told him that the radiation did not work and there was nothing else he could do.

Now we had no clue what to do but to contact the surgeon and see if he could remove it again.  He told us he could but was worried because the tumor was so close to the brain stem.  But we didn’t know what else to do so we had another surgery scheduled again.  

But I knew that this wasn't the answer. If the first two surgeries didn’t work why would this one be different? So I started looking for another plan.  I jumped on the internet and researched many places that dealt with his type of tumor. I searched for clinical trials. I read any information I could get my hands on if it dealt with brain tumors. 

Then I found the place I believed to be the best, Duke University in North Carolina....to be continued tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment