F1PTCyVogsRmIhYc5DmWUco5hEc Kristy's Story...My Husband Has Brain Cancer: Kristy's Story...Starting New Treatment

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Kristy's Story...Starting New Treatment

The resident doctor working with Dr. Mansur from the Siteman Cancer Center and Barnes Hospital just called me to go over what was discussed in the meeting Monday night.  I was hoping that my husband was going to be able to have regular radiation but it looks like that since he has had radiation before that he won't be able to do it again. The doctors all agreed on the Gamma Knife. Usually the Gamma Knife is only 1 treatment but they are going to section his tumor off and do it 5 different times. That way they can watch how Michael handles the radiation. They also said they want Michael to have a MRI of his spine. The reason for the spine MRI I do not know yet.

When my husband gets finished with the Gamma Knife they are going to put him on the chemotherapy pill Temadol.  All of this will be starting really soon, we hope this week. Hopefully, with all of this treatment, it will take care of the tumor for good. His kids and I need him for the rest of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment