F1PTCyVogsRmIhYc5DmWUco5hEc Kristy's Story...My Husband Has Brain Cancer: Kristy’s Story…Living a Nightmare

Friday, September 23, 2011

Kristy’s Story…Living a Nightmare


Our 12 year old rides four wheelers and dirt bikes. Last weekend we were watching our son ride his dirt bike out our window. The bike died on him and we watched as he tried to kick start it himself. My husband looked at me and said “If I die then how would you be able to start it back up for him.” I just said “Honey everything is going to be ok.”  That broke my heart so much. I just love and need him so much. He doesn’t say things like that often but the worry about another surgery is getting to him. He is afraid of not knowing his family when he wakes up.

It is like we have been living a horrible nightmare for the past two years. There has not been a day I don’t worry about Michael. I am a mail carrier and while delivering the mail I think about him and cry. The surgery at Duke next week has to help…we need to wake up from this nightmare.

No comments:

Post a Comment